Hello beautiful Spring! I hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break, full of lots of fun outdoor activities. In March at our Science Center, the children had fun exploring at our Farm Discovery table, learning about different types of farm animals and their environments. Thanks to Taylor’s grandpa for coming to our class to talk about & show photos of life on their family farm. And, thanks to Paisley for bringing in tadpoles for our class to enjoy observing. Our Henri Matisse “hot air balloon project” was a fun, creative art / science project that resulted in beautiful 3-D works of art that will be displayed at the Art in the Garden event (taking place April 8th). The Frog Street Press song books always helps us to learn with rhyming songs, which last month were letters V, K, D and number 10, singing about the oval shape and the color purple. Our Harmony alien friend Z continues to teach important skills about good communication with others. Our Character Counts lesson about Responsibility taught us the importance of making good choices by being in charge of your own actions and being a good listener. The journal entries continue to show us the children’s imaginations. In our ABC Music & Me “Around the Farm” lesson, we had a great time pretending to be farm animals, moving and sounding just like them. We played egg shakers and bells softly and loudly while having fun galloping like horses or rolling around like silly pigs.
** ECS Preschool 2017-18 registration is still open for the ECS campus - REGISTER TODAY & tell your friends while spots are still available.
4/5 - Half-day of preschool with 11:30 am pick-up time - NO LUNCH BUNCH / afternoon class due to prof. dev.
4/10 - ECS Parent Committee Meeting - 9:30 am - room 27 District Office site
4/14 - NO SCHOOL - April Break
- Letters this month: G, B, M
- Numbers this month: touch on 11-20
- Shapes of the month: rectangle, diamond
- Colors of the month: blue, yellow
- ABC Music & Me Lesson: Out and About (see attached handouts)
- Science Center: Planting sensory discovery bin, color changing flowers, squeezing oranges for fresh juice, trying foods with seeds, homemade play dough, and much more.
- Projects: Plant bean seeds (observe growth), butterfly pavilion (observe life cycle changes), journal entries to document both
- Harmony lessons with our alien friend Z: Problem-solving AND Character Counts lesson: Citizenship
- April books: The Tiny Seed, Planting a Rainbow, Plants Feed Me, The Giving Tree, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Butterfly Story, non-fiction books about seeds, plants, & butterflies