The last month of preschool!! What an amazing year we have had!! We will miss all of our amazing students who will be moving onto Kindergarten — we know all of you will be rock stars in Kindergarten! We wish you the BEST!!! The children did a great job planting vegetables, strawberries, and herbs in our garden…and have shown their responsibility skills by caring for and watering our garden and playground flowers daily. In April, the Francis family brought in chicken eggs and an incubator for our class Chicken Egg Project - the children loved observing the eggs and then making pretend nests with their buddies & chicken coops to practice caring for their eggs. It was such a wonderful experience for our young learners to see an egg hatch & observe the four baby chicks in our classroom. Thank you Francis Family!! At our Science Center, the children explored items found in nature like rocks, real bird nests, and plants. The children enjoyed learning about the artist Kandinsky & creating “Concentric Circles” mobile artwork for the Art in the Garden project. Frog Street Press song books continue to help us learn rhyming songs about letters E, F, & R, the color purple, and to review all shapes. We also practiced our FocusedKids curriculum by learning helpful breathing techniques to improve our self-regulation. Our ABC Music & Me “Out & About” lesson had us pretending to bike, hike & go on a picnic all while playing fun instruments like bells, the big drum or using movement scarves while pretending to be birds or hopping bunnies.
Important Dates / Reminders:
5/21 - M/W/F Class - GRADUATION PARTY - 10:30 am
5/22 - T/Th Class - GRADUATION PARTY - 10:30 am
5/24 - T/Th Water Day at Preschool — **this is a half-day of school - school ends at 11:30 am
5/25 - M/W/F Class - LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL
5/29 - T/Th Class - LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL
**ECS Preschool 2018-19 registration for Mrs.Siegel’s class at Desert Sun Academy is still open - REGISTER TODAY!
- Letters this month: W, U, Y
- Numbers this month: practice #11-20
- Shapes of the month: review of all shapes
- Colors of the month: review of all colors
- ABC Music & Me Lesson: Splash! (handouts sent home)
- Science Center: We will observe our caterpillars going through the metamorphosis process of turning into butterflies, exploring a variety of interesting insects, juicing real oranges, playing with kinetic sand and our ocean fun water sensory tables, and making homemade play dough.
- Harmony lessons with our alien friend Z: Peer Relationships. FocusedKids: Focused listening & breathing activities.
- May books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Caterpillar Adventure, 10 Little Ladybugs, non-fiction butterfly & insect books, Oh-The Places You’ll Go, Only One You
Mrs. Siegel and Mrs.Miller