Can you believe it’s March already?!! I think our cold days are coming to an end, but our class igloo has helped us to imagine life in the Arctic. At our Science Center, they have learned how to clean their teeth properly with our dental mouth model, and had fun using our medical kit for “doctor visits” and unifix cubes to measure arms, legs, and feet (using our math counting skills). Our fizzy hearts was an exciting art / science project that resulted in beautiful Valentines for the parents. The Frog Street Press song books always helps us to learn with rhyming songs, which last month were letters I, S, and V, number 9, singing about the heart shape and the color pink Our Harmony alien friend Z continues to teach us about being a good friend to others. Our Character Counts lesson about Respect taught us the importance of understanding what it means to treat everyone with respect, following the Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated. The journal entries have been so creative and the children are truly loving expressing their thoughts and ideas. In our ABC Music & Me “Animal A-Dancing” lesson, we had a fun listening to and imitating what frogs, elephants, monkeys sound and move like. We learned to play the guiro to make the sound of a croaking frog, used rhythm sticks and bells in various ways and moved all around the room dancing with scarves.
** ECS Preschool registration for 2017-18 is now open for families for the ECS campus, BMES campus, & HTES campus - REGISTER TODAY for my class located at the ECS campus while spots are available!
- 3/13 - ECS Parent Committee Meeting - 9:30 am - room 27, District Office campus
- Week of 3/20 - Spring Parent/Teacher conferences - sign-ups for conferences will be available by 3/8 at the sign-in/out table.
- 3/23 & 3/24 - NO SCHOOL - Parent/Teacher conferences
- 3/27-3/31 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/5 - Half-day of preschool with 11:30 am pick-up time - NO LUNCH BUNCH / afternoon class due to professional development
- Letters this month: D, M, G
- Numbers this month: 10, touch on 11-20
- Shapes of the month: heart, oval
- Color of the month: purple
- ABC Music & Me Lesson: Around the Farm (handouts were sent home on 3/1 & 3/2)
- Science Center: Construct farm animal pens, hay/corn/animal weigh station, discovery sensory table (rice) - farm animals play, make homemade play dough, shaving cream sensory activity, and much more.
- Projects: Art in the Garden - artist Henri Matisse “painting with scissors” project, farm collages and drawings toothpick/marshmallow construction.....just to name a few.
- Harmony lessons with our alien friend Z: Communication AND Character Counts lesson: Responsibility
- March books: Dr. Seuss classics, Sheep in a Jeep, The Little Red Hen, The Big Red Barn, non-fiction books about farms and animals
Mrs. Siegel & Mrs. Miller