Can you believe it’s March already?!! What a busy month February was! Our Valentine’s celebrations were a great time for the children to let their friends know how special they are and our symmetrical painted hearts project resulted in beautiful Valentines for the parents. At our “doctor’s office” Science Center, we enjoyed pretending to be the doctor or patient by signing in, listening to the heart with our stethoscopes or doing well-check exams. We loved having the Tooth Fairy visit to teach us how to keep our teeth healthy. We loved the high school students visiting us with their Chinese dragon and lion to teach us about Chinese New Year. The Frog Street Press song books help us to practice rhyming as we learned letters I, B, and L, numbers 7 & 8, the heart shape and the color pink. Our Harmony alien friend Z continues to teach us about being a good friend to others. Our Character Counts lesson about “respect” taught us the importance of following the Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated. Their journal entries continue to be creative as the children are really enjoy expressing their thoughts and ideas. In our ABC Music & Me “Animal A-Dancing” lesson, we had a fun listening to / imitating what frogs sound like and learning to play the guiro & zig zag blocks to make a croaking frog sound. We pretended to be elephants & monkeys sound and also used rhythm sticks playing fast or slow & danced with scarves.
Important Reminders / Dates:
** ECS Preschool 2018-19 registration continues for families for
the ECS site (Mrs. Siegel), & the BMES & HTES sites -
REGISTER TODAY while spots are available.
- Week of 3/19 - Spring Parent/Teacher conferences - Sign-ups
for P/T conferences will be on check-in table outside of
- 3/22 & 3/23 - NO SCHOOL - Parent/Teacher conferences
- 3/26-3/30 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/2 - ECS Parent Committee Meeting - 9:30 am - room 27
District Office site
- 4/4 - Half-day of preschool with 11:30 am pick-up time - NO
LUNCH BUNCH / afternoon class due to prof. dev.
- Letters this month: G, R, W
- Number this month: 9
- Shape of the month: star
- Color of the month: green
- ABC Music & Me Lesson: Around the Farm (handouts were sent home with take-home newsletter)
- Science Center: Planting green bean plants and observing their growth, exploration of various nature items, discovery sensory table (poly pellets), make homemade green play dough, shaving cream play, and much more.
- Projects: Art in the Garden - artist Wassily Kandinsky “Circles” inspired art project, green bean planting & observation, learning parts of a plant / flower.
- Harmony lessons with our alien friend Z: Problem-Solving AND Character Counts lesson: Responsibility
- March books: Dr. Seuss classics, various books about spring, books about artist Kandinsky, and non-fiction books about parts of a plant / flower and their life cycle process.
Mrs. Siegel & Mrs. Miller