We did it! We are officially into our second month of preschool! Your children are doing wonderful with our daily routine, all while having fun learning and playing with friends. As this is many of our little ones first time in preschool, we have been learning all about the rules of the classroom, playground, our classroom centers, our class jobs as well as how to use our good listening ears by cleaning up and being nice to others. We have been busy learning about letters A (Apple Annie) and M (Marvin the Monkey), the number 1, the color yellow, and the fun shape Cindy Circle with our song books from Frog Street Press. We have been exploring how magnets work at our Science Center and finding treasures in our sensory sand table. The children have been doing a great job experimenting with art activities such as drawing, painting, color mixing, cutting, gluing all while creating some amazing original artwork. Our morning work name puzzles are getting easier which is leading us to writing our names daily. We appreciate that your children come to school on time, rested and ready for school everyday. We are having a great time getting to know your amazing children and are looking forward to a terrific school year ahead!
** Important Dates/Reminders:
9/4 - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
9/11 @ 9:30 am, D.O. campus, room 27— ECS Parent Committee Meeting (for all locations)
9/20 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Professional Development day
9/21-9/22 - NO SCHOOL - Fall Break
10/4 - Half-day only - school ends at 11:30 - NO Lunch Bunch or full day class
Upcoming September Activities:
- Letters this month: T, P, O
- Numbers this month: 2 and 3
- Shapes of the month: triangle
- Colors of the month: orange
- ABC Music & Me: “On The Go” (handouts sent home with printed newsletter)
- Science Center: Learning about our five senses with things in our environment by using our sense of touch, sight, hearing, smell, and taste. Continuation of our sensory sand table.
- Units: All About Me - learning why we are all special and unique, body parts, feelings, etc. Introduction to our alien friend Z (Sanford Harmony curriculum) where he will teach us how to be a good friend, to be caring, and the importance of helping others. We will also begin our Buddy Up program. Introduction to our Character Counts Program with the six pillars: Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Caring, Trustworthiness, and Citizenship.
- September books: The Feel Good Book, I Like Myself, Quick As A Cricket, Rainbow Fish, Hurty Feelings, Just My Friend and Me, Pete the Cat and the New Guy, Can I Play Too?, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
Mrs. Siegel and Mrs. Miller