We did it! We are officially into our second month of preschool! Your children are doing a wonderful job with our daily routine, all while having fun learning and playing with friends. Because this is the first time in preschool for many of our little ones, we have been learning about the rules of the classroom & playground, exploring our classroom centers, learning about class jobs & the how to use our good listening ears when cleaning up / following directions. Most importantly, we are learning how to be nice and respectful to others. We have been busy learning about the letters that begin our first names including Letters N & K with our song books from Frog Street Press and the number 1, the color yellow, and the fun shape Cindy Circle. We have been exploring how magnets work at our Science Center and practicing our math skills by pouring/using measuring cups & funnels at our Sensory Sand Table. The children have been enjoying art activities such as drawing, painting, cutting, gluing all while creating some amazing original artwork & they are doing a great job with their morning work name and letter tracing / writing. We are enjoying learning about each child as we continue to share the All About Me Posters. A big thank you to everyone for bringing your children to school on time, rested and ready for school everyday!
**Important Dates / Reminders:
9/3 - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
9/10 - ECS Preschool Parent Committee Meeting- 9:30 am @ D.O. Governing Board Room
9/11 - T/Th Class-individual & group picture day
9/12 - MWF Class-individual & group picture day
9/19 - Half-day - preschool ends at 12:10 pm
9/20 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Prof. Dev. day
9/21 - NO SCHOOL - Fall Break
9/27 & 9/28 - Wear ORANGE to school days
Upcoming September Activities:
- Letters this month: K, M, L
- Numbers this month: 2 and 3
- Shape of the month: Triangle
- Color of the month: Orange
- Monthly Focus: All About Me - learning why we are all special and unique, body parts, feelings, etc. Introduction to Sanford Harmony social-emotional curriculum & learning how to be a good, caring friend as well as appreciating diversity. We will also begin our Buddy Up program. Introduction to our Character Counts Program with the six pillars: Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Caring, Trustworthiness, & Citizenship - focusing on Respect
- Writing/Art Center: The children are creating unique artwork or practicing their drawing, writing, cutting at our writing center.
- Science Center & Sensory Table: Our Science Center will explore our five senses with things found in our environment by using our sense of touch, sight, hearing, smell, and taste. Our Sensory Table gives children the opportunity to find buried treasure while using math skills to sort, measure, & count items.
- ABC Music & Me: “On The Go” (see attached handouts)
- September books: The Feel Good Book, I Like Myself, Quick As A Cricket, Rainbow Fish, Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes, It’s Okay To Be Different. S.H. Diversity Lessons, C.C. Respect
Mrs. Siegel & Mrs. Miller