The last month of preschool!!! What an amazing year we have had!! We will miss all of our wonderful students who will be moving onto Kindergarten — we know all of you will be Kindergarten rock stars!!! We wish you the BEST!!! The children did a great job caring for their bean plants - we hope they're still growing at home. Our flower planting was a success and now watering them is a part of our daily routine. In April at our Science Center, the children really enjoyed watching our class tadpoles turn into froglets, thus learning about the frog life cycle. Thanks again to Paisley for bringing in tadpoles - we appreciate this wonderful learning opportunity! Watching our caterpillars go through the metamorphosis process turning into butterflies has been fun. The children painted their own caterpillars and wrapped them up in their own chrysalides just like our real butterfly friends. Frog Street Press song books always helps us to learn with rhyming songs, which last month were letters E, G, & B, singing about the rectangle shape and the color blue. Our Harmony alien friend Z continues to teach us how to be a good friend. Our Character Counts lesson about Citizenship taught us the importance of taking part in your community and helping others. Our ABC Music & Me “Out & About” lesson had us pretend to go hiking, to the beach, & on a picnic all while having fun playing instruments including zig zag blocks, bells, and the drum as well as moving around the room with scarves.
5/18 - T/Th Class - GRADUATION PARTY - 10:30 am
5/19 - M/W/F Class - GRADUATION PARTY - 10:30 am
5/22 & 5/23 - Water Days at Preschool
5/24 - M/W/F Class - LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL
5/25 - T/Th Class - LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL — **NOTE: This will be a half-day of preschool with pick-up at 11:30 am for all students - NO LUNCH BUNCH
** ECS Preschool 2017-18 registration is still open for Mrs. Siegel’s class - REGISTER TODAY & tell your friends while spots are still available.
- Letters this month: M, R, O
- Numbers this month: touch on 11-20
- Shapes of the month: review of all shapes
- Colors of the month: review of all colors
- ABC Music & Me Lesson: Splash! (handouts sent home)
- Science Center: Butterfly observations and release days, froglet transformation to frogs, kinetic sand and ocean fun water sensory tables, making crystals and much more.
- Art Projects: Butterflies and ocean / sea animals
- Harmony lessons with our alien friend Z: Peer Relationships; Character Counts lesson: Citizenship
- May books: Commotion in the Ocean, Swimmy, Hello Ocean, Over in the Ocean, Pout-Pout Fish, Oh The Places You’ll Go, Yay, You!, Only One You, non-fiction ocean life & sea animal books
Love, Mrs. Siegel & Mrs. Miller